Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups romaine
- 1 purple onion, sliced into rings and cut in half
- 5 radishes
- Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing
Note: normally I make my own vinaigrette, but it’s less expensive to buy one bottle of salad dressing than all the ingredients needed to make the dressing yourself. If you want to make a vinaigrette salad dressing, here’s a recipe I like:
Serves: makes enough for one large salad
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon Dijon coarse mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Whisk ingredients together and taste to check seasonings. (Individual tastes vary, so you may prefer to add more vinegar or mustard.)
For the salad:
- Wash vegetables and pat dry.
- Slice onion and radishes.
- Tear romaine and add arugula and spinach to onions and radishes and toss.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and serve.