Prep time: 25 minutes
- 4 grilled chicken tenders
- 3 strips bacon, well-cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 1 avocado, roughly mashed
- 1 large round slice of sourdough bread
- ½ teaspoon butter
- parsley for garnish
- Grill chicken tenders until cooked through and set aside.
- Roast 3 strips of bacon in the oven at 450 degrees for ten minutes, or until well-cooked.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and set aside. Mash avocado pieces into a thick paste.
To assemble the sandwich:
- Cut the top off a loaf of round sourdough bread (cutting horizontally, rather than vertically, as a loaf of bread is normally cut.)
- Cut one slice of bread off the top of the loaf, butter on both sides and toast until bread is golden brown in a large frying pan.
- Spread mayonnaise and avocado on bread, and top with bacon and grilled chicken.
- Garnish with parsley. Cut sandwich round in half and serve.
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon smooth Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup canola oil
- Using a hand whisk, whisk together egg, lemon juice, salt, water and mustard in a medium glass bowl, until foamy.
- Slowly add the oil, a few drops at a time, until oil is mixed into the egg mixture.
- As mayonnaise emulsifies, continue to add the rest of the oil, until it is a thick, yellowish mixture.
- Correct seasoning to taste; it may need more salt or lemon if it doesn’t have enough flavor.