Popcorn and Peanut Cones
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salted peanuts, without skins
- Brown paper bags for popcorn, or paper cone twists
- In a large pot with a lid, pour the oil and the popcorn into the pot.
- Cover pot, set on medium-high heat and wait for popcorn to begin popping vigorously.
- Using potholder, lift pot a few inches above the heat and shake back and forth until popping begins to subside.
- You should be able to hear the popcorn piling up and even beginning to raise the lid off the pot.
- Remove from heat, and spread on two large baking sheets.
- Salt to taste and sprinkle in peanuts.
- Scoop popcorn and peanuts into individual bags or paper twists.
- Popcorn can be kept warm by leaving them in a foil-lined pizza delivery bag, which can be purchased online for about $20.
- To make the paper twists, I used brown paper grocery bags, cutting them into 9×12-inch pieces, twisting each piece of brown paper into a cone and taping it at the side. So simple!