Prep time: 30 minutes
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Teaspoons thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Sea salt
- 2 Cups cooked quinoa
- 2 Large handfuls of arugula, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on high heat.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally until they softened.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a large mixing bowl and add quinoa and arugula to combine.
- Season to taste.
To cook quinoa:
- Makes 3 cups
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- Sea salt
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer to remove natural coating (which tastes like soap!)
- Place in a pot set over high heat with water and pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover pot and cook until liquid is absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
- Turn heat off, place a dry paper towel between pot and lid and allow quinoa to sit for five minutes before giving is a fluff with a fork.