Note: A tartine is a hot, open-faced sandwich. This one is just as good cold.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices multi-grain seeded bread
- 2 ounces Boursin cheese
- 2 ounces smoked salmon
- ½ cup white onions
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled
- fresh dill for garnish
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Chop onions into narrow slices and cook in butter at low heat about 7 minutes until they are golden brown.
- While onions are cooking, toast the bread.
- Spread bread with Boursin.
- Drain onions and sprinkle liberally across the top of the cheese.
- Layer smoked salmon and hard-boiled egg slices on top of salmon and garnish with fresh dill.
- For a hot sandwich, heat in microwave for 45 seconds before serving.