Serves: 4-5 servings in demitasse cups
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus refrigeration time of 2-3 hours
- 2 large Knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 small, 2 medium or 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix bouillon cubes with boiling water in a large saucepan, and stir until bouillon has dissolved.
- Add chunks of zucchini to bouillon and simmer until tender, but don’t overcook.
- Toward the end of cooking, add dill weed and curry powder.
- Allow zucchini mixture to cool a bit and place it, along with cream cheese cut into pieces, in food processor or blender.
- Blend until pureed.
- Reheat if serving hot, or chill in refrigerator for two to three hours if serving cold. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh dill and or lemon slice before serving.
Any summer squash may be used as a vegetable base for this recipe, as well as cucumbers, potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, green beans, wax beans, or Jerusalem artichokes. If appropriate, certain beans should be “stringed” before cooking.