Are you ready to kick off the first long weekend of summer with drinks al fresco and beachside snacks? These lobster kebabs are a clambake on a stick – all the flavors of a beach picnic, grilled to perfection and lashed with melted butter. This isn’t so much a recipe as a method of assembly; some of the ingredients need to be cooked first, skewered, and then dropped on the grill just long enough for grill marks to form. It’s a great make-ahead treat, finger food that’s eaten hot off the grill with a brush of melted butter and a sprinkle of salt. You’re going to love it!
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 4 lobster tails, washed thoroughly
- 4 purple or red baby potatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 8 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 ear of fresh corn
- 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 wooden skewers
- Bring water to a rolling boil over high heat. Place lobsters in the pot and cook for four minutes. Take out lobsters and put in a bowl of cold ice water. Take them out and remove shells. Set lobster aside.
- Boil potatoes until soft, and set aside. Boil corn for two minutes, remove from water and allow to cool.
- Cut lobster, zucchini, corn and potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Cut corn into ½-inch rounds, quarter the rounds and trim off all but enough of the cob to hold the kernels together. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Thread onto skewers and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Served with melted butter and a pastry brush for drizzling with butter before eating – and lots of napkins!